Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

snip

It is a wise man who waits until the facts are in.

I don't know if we'll have the facts until after the fact on this one. And
when is "after the fact"? The goal lines keep moving.

You can tell something about people by the position they take on the global
warming issue. I doubt if 1:10,000 have the special knowledge required to
make any kind of "judgment" based on the facts. If they have an opinion, all
they're telling us is that they're inclined to agree with one group of
scientists or another, and there really is almost NO basis on which to
decide which group of them is right.

I shake my head that someone like Al Gore could gain notoriety for his
political position on global warming. He's a smart guy but I'm sure he's
little more than an idiot on climatology algorithms and predictability of
computer models.

If this issue wasn't so political and philosophically charged, with such
huge stakes involved, I'd simply go with the majority of legitimate experts.
In fact, in terms of policy, that's the best course of action, IMO. But not
without a big dose of trepidation. And not with any confidence that anything
we can do will make a damned bit of difference.

--
Ed Huntress