Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default loft conversion timber ridge beam ?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Perhaps you'd explain why my loft conversion involved the fitting of
steel purlins if they have so little work to do?

No idea. Possibly because whoever did it didn't do the sums, and just
decided to play safe in an ignorant sort of way. Its pretty common. I
have yet to meet a builder that really understood engineering
mathematics.

I'd love you to say that face to face with the architect and structural
engineer involved. ;-) I've got reams of calculations proving the stresses
involved.

You're quite simply wrong.

--
*I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.