Posted to uk.d-i-y
Edgar[_2_] Edgar[_2_] is offline

Default B&Q (And others?) LED external floodlights

wrote:

On 14 Dec,
"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

Not if it's cloudy. It will be dark, real dark, can't see a thing
dark, no matter how dark adapted your eyes are. Star light is ample
for moving about without bumping into things but it doesn't penetrate
cloud well,
neither does Moon light... Most places in the UK probably have more
than enough sky glow though, we don't. It's actually a bit unnerving
standing outside knowing your eyes are open but not being able to see
anything.

You must be one of the darkest places in England. When cloudy I would
think the skyglow from Carlisle and Tyne/Wear/Cleveland would be
noticable. It certainly was in North Northumberland within 50 miles of
Newcastle.

Thick fog may be another matter.

Clouds - Mist - Thick fog. They're all the same there.

Edgar