Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:59:08 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar)
wrote:

In article , Jim Yanik wrote:

DWS seems to be most prevalent around elementary schools.
It's quite amazing -- the 3rd and 4th grades seem to have
more road sense than the parents chaufeuring them.

because the parents have a lot of OTHER things on their minds than driving.
sometimes with tragic results.

Correct, but that's no excuse.

And how much OTHER stuff do you have to have on your mind
to stop on a corner (with 4-way Stop) 3-6 feet from the
sidewalk, to let three kids out of the car, on the
DRIVERS side (i.e. in the middle of an intersection)?

I see this kind of insanity almost every day.

That's worse than yakking on the cell with one hand, while
feeding little Johnny a snack with the other, while driving
out of the school area -- another ritual that I observe
daily.

When I drop-off and pick-up my kids, they had better sit
still, shut up and forget about snacks/drinks/toys for
the 10 minutes it takes to drive to school/home.

HELP! Ted Kennedy drives me to day care. (toddler T-Shirt)

;-)