Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On 15 Dec 2007 01:25:20 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

Meehan does not realize how many Federal LEO firearms have been stolen or
"gone missing",either.Some have already been found to have been used in
crimes,some of them are HK-MP5K submachine guns,full-auto.
The last number I have seen quoted for lost FED guns was 800+.(in 2003!)

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.as...5C200307%5 CN
AT20030702c.html

Know a fellow that was interviewed by the FBI about stolen/missing
federal guns, night vision goggles, etc. He was assigned to US
Penitentiary in Atlanta. This was when the State Department announced
some Cuban prisoners would be flown back to Havana, Well, the Cubans
heard it on the radio and DOJ/Bureau of Prisons found out when the
riots started and the place was burned. I knew one of the Hostages and
his family.

Accountability of weapons went out the window, so to speak, ATF, FBI,
BOP, local authorities all over the place. Not sure they ever found
all the missing weapons and equipment.

Only the good guys had the weapons, something smelled of theft. You
can bet for sure the government took serious action to recover them.