Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"SteveB" wrote in
:

"Malcolm Hoar" wrote

Personally, I'd like to see mandatory prison sentences for
"driving without paying attention [to the driving]".

I've seen people talking on the cell phone, changing channels on the
radio, slapping Junior, putting on makeup, eating a taco, reading, and
picking their nose while driving. AND DOING IT ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
And I hear people who moan, Oh, I can do more than just drive.

Failure to pay full time and attention to driving. I think if they
VIGOROUSLY enforced that law, that they could ticket people for just
about anything they are doing while driving if the officer saw that it
caused them to weave or do something not a part of driving.

I DO NOT TALK ON THE CELL WHILE DRIVING. I tell people I will call
them back, or I pull over. I see these stupid little girls with the
cell phone to their ear BEING HELD BY THE OPPOSITE HAND (what's up
with that) and they look like a pretzel. And usually, they're right
on my ass. (I love hitting the brakes and watching their faces.)

They ought to make getting a driver's license and keeping one at least
as hard as getting a gun permit.

Steve

Vermont requires NO permit,open or concealed carry.
I have not heard of any big problem there,either;no "blood running in the
streets".

Alaska recently adopted that "system",too.

But I agree with your comments about drivers not paying attention to their
driving. I've had quite a number of close calls because of them.
Especially the SUVs,they all think they are invulnerable.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik