Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default Snowblower won't start :-(

On Dec 14, 9:08 am, wrote:
I know enough about engine repair to know I don't know enough about
engine repair...

Storm hit NE yesterday and trusty snowblower won't start.

1. Drained the gas
2. Changed the plug
3. Blew carburetor cleaner in through the gas line to the carburetor

It will turn over with the electric starter and let's out a puff or
two of exhaust and then stops.
I tried messing with the carb float screw (as this had been a problem
in the past) but the best I get is it running for about 3 seconds and
then stops.

This is a fairly new Ariens 8HP model.

Can anyone pass on some ideas on troubleshooting? Thanks!

Since you said it ran for 3 sec...unscrew the carb (hex) valve (bottom
of the bowl) with adjusting screw in place. There is a large hole and
a very small hole in the body of the valve.
You need to spray-out the small hole with carb cleaner or replace the
entire assembly and lightly bottom-out the adjusting screw and turn it
out one and half turns.
HTH