Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"David Starr" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:48:27 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"

wrote:

I never said it would. Although since the criminal has to get the gun
somewhere, that gun often got into the system by being sold legally to
someone. Take more guns out of the system, it should make it harder for
the
bad guys to get them too. However I don't consider this a deal breaker.

It would make getting a gun about as hard as getting marijuana is now.

BTW, it's possible to make a gun out of materials available at any
hardware
store. Going to ban that too?

These idiots have no rationale about banning things. It's all based on
emotion and feelings. Some post-sixties delusion that if we could just make
enough laws that we could all get along and legislatively get rid of
everything perceived to be bad and that go bump in the night. eeeewwwwwwwww!

The resultant Utopia would amount to being locked in a closet all day in a
straight jacket, being let out only long enough to shower and eat and for
them to hose out our cubicle. (Of course, the attendants would be armed,
but classified as another class of citizens, far below the high brows
spending all their town now contemplating in a dark closet, which is what
they do now, but they wouldn't have a keyboard.)

What would have happened if liberals had been around when the arrowhead was
invented?

It would have been banned and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Can you imagine a caveman having someone from PETA showing up during a
caveman food gathering trip?

Hey, everyone! We're having long pig teriyaki tonight!

Steve