Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

snip

Read _State of Fear_ yet, Ed? The media are helping us to scare
ourselves broke and/or to death.

I read it. It was a library book so I scanned the bibliography and the
graph-source list, if you should need it (23 pp, 1.8 MB *.tif file in MS
Document Imaging format). There are several book sources I'm going to
pursue. I also read a couple of the articles referenced and two online
critiques of the book itself.

I have to tell you that I don't like Crichton's writing but he does know how
to write a good page-turner. I was fun fiction. It's also a very interesting
polemic with a lot of information about how to be a good skeptic. d8-)

Since I have almost no knowledge of climatology, none of the technical
articles I've read have been of any help to me, except to help evaluate the
truthfulness of opposing sources in terms of what they claim the opposition
is saying. So this is a good opposing source. But that's a hell of a lousy
way to form an opinion about anything. I still have almost no opinion about
the entire topic.

--
Ed Huntress