shu

Default Righty Tighty - But Why?

I would guess, because when using your right hand, it's easier to torque
tight to the right, then it is to the left.

something I learned awhile ago.. sugar is right handed. but it's possible to
artifically grow left handed sugar.
Left handed sugar tastes *funky*, and is harder to digest..

--
**********
shu

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what
fosted Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:26:53 GMT on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:
On 11 Jun 2004 17:37:17 -0700,
(Dan
Thomas) wrote:
"Peter Reilley" wrote
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote
Was there a preferred direction for Archimedes screw?

Pete.

It would depend on which shore of the river the screw was built on.

Why do we skate counterclockwise around the rink?

Dan

We skate CCW around the rink because we "keep right"
Why do we "keep right?"
Who knows.

"Shield on the left arm, sword in the right hand", is one explanation.
(I have heard of one castle in Scotland, with the hereditary lords of the
castle being left handed, where the stairs spiral up "backwards", thus
giving the "natives" an advantage if it ever came to defense.)

the other explanation is a "handedness" in leg use, with most people
favoring the right leg for pushing off/power strokes, be it walking,
peddling, or skating. I dunno, but it sounds plausible.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.