Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dick Snyder Dick Snyder is offline

Default Glue up hell

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
Attached is a picture of the huge glue up I had to do on a toy box. 3 or 4
biscuits in all 6 pieces. I used white glue and there was good news and
bad news. The good news is that it set up slowly so I could work with it
a long time (I probably spent 20-25 minutes getting everything all glued
and set up and clamped). The bad news is that is it quite runny so it ran
quickly down my pre-stained surfaces. ( I prestained everything so that
glue that I missed wouldn't prevent uneven absorbtion of the stain). I
wiped it off but as you may be able to see from the picture, there is
still residual glue on there. I guess I will have to sand with 220 or 320
and possibly put on more stain. I don't know yet. I will not use white
glue again. It is a good thing my wife was gone because I was using a few
4 letter words as only a woodworker can imagine!

I am happy to report that I was able to wash the toy box a couple of times
with a sponge, letting it dry between times, and all the glue dust came off
without resorting to resanding and possible applying more stain. I still
don't plan to use white glue again but at least the results were not quite
so painful.