Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Water and sewer bills dependent on water supply pipe diameter

"Bud H" wrote
After a check with my neighbors, it appears the city charges WAY more per
cubic foot of water if you have a 1-inch diameter supply pipe coming into
your house (and is where the city metering device is installed) than if a
5/8-inch diameter pipe is supplying the water.

Could be related to pressure issues maybe? You neighbors may not have the
full story. Try calling the water company and asking?

Here's another odd one you can come into. Once when renting, I was just
over the city line and had to pay extra as compared to my next door
neighbor. Had to do with x number miles from the city line. As I was right
along the line, it wasnt much but that extra 15$ a month puzzled us both til
I called. I was careful on how I asked as I was a duplex and didnt want
them to charge my neighbor too. I was right, had i mentioned that, they too
would have been assessed the extra. Wierd but legal there.