Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default bundling 12/2 romex up through walls and through studs -- howmany?

wrote:

Speaking of insulation, the wall that will get all these outlets does
have insulation (fiberglass) between each of the studs (its backside
is into an attic space). From what I can tell, the original wiring
was wired over the top of the insulation (its very thin, so fits
between the wallboard and the middle of the stud where the hole and
cable is). Since then a previous homeowner laid thicker pink
fiberglass insulation against the wall between the studs. Is there
any issue with these wires being that close to insulation? I would
intend to run the new wires like the old ones (between the two layers
of insulation).

I have not heard of problems with old cables in insulation - someone
else might have.

Romex for many years has had 90 degree C insulation. A major reason is
it is often buried in insulation. The 90 degree stuff is NM-B - should
be the only Romex available now.

--
bud--