Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Fridge compartment doesn't keep cold.

On Dec 13, 10:06 pm, PaPaPeng wrote:
Thanks . Now this is a piece of information I can use. There is a
schematic at the back of thefridge. If thefridgeacts up again I'll
pull thefridgeout of its nook and look up that schematic. I am
pretty handy at repairing anything given the right information what to
look for. Now that I feel comfortable about taking apart the panels
the rest should be easy. I am usually reluctant to start on something
I am not sure of as I hate to break anything. Small plastic parts are
costly or impossible to replace.

As stated by someone earlier, it will work fine for a couple weeks
after manually defrosting and then slowly keep getting worse and
worse. The heaters (two on mine) looked like long narrow clear glass
tubular shaped parts with a spring or coil inside. I had one good one
which looked clear and clean and the bad one looked all clouded up
inside the tube. Another clue as to when your problem is starting
again is that the compressor will be running almost steady. Don't
mess with the temp controls inside the fridge compartment or it will
only make the problem worse. Good luck!
Steve