Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default do you need one gas tank for each 2-cycle engine tool?

In article , (Pete C.)
says...
I run the same mix in all my 2 cycle stuff (Echo and Shindaiwa), not
paying a huge amount of attention to the exact mix and have not had any
problems in a decade of this. If you run a landscaping business putting
10 hours a day on everything it may be more important, but for general
homeowner running a few hours a weekend at most it just doesn't seem to
matter.

I know a guy who owns a street cleaning business. In the fall, he runs
about 40 Stihl backpack leaf blowers 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. He
told me he runs Amsoil 100:1, and never has a problem with his
equipment.

I suspect the actual oil mix is not relevant. When I started running 2-
cycle engines, the only oil available was paraffin based non-detergent
motor oil, and everything mixed 16:1 and left a blue cloud 100' across.
As lubricants improved, the oil mix was adjusted so the engine ran
better.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.