Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluorescent shop light woes

I have three flourescent screw in light bulbs in my house.One in my
kitchen and two in the light fixture above the medicine cabinet in my
bathroom.I never turn them off.Lights of America, I think is the brand
name of them, I bought them at the Wal Mart store.Back in the 1970s, a
W.T.Grant store was going out of business and closing that store
down.They had a lot of stuff on sale.One of the on sale items I bought
was a made in Nederlands flourescent thingy.When I installed that light
in my bathroom, I wrote the day and date on it with a ball point
pen.That light lasted for about fourteen and a half years untill the
plug in glass bulb itself finally gave up the ghost.If I can find
another plug in light bulb like the old one, I will give it another go.
cuhulin