Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default OT - Politics

Charlie Self wrote:
On Dec 14, 7:34 am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
So find me a candidate who will promise to lower taxes and keep that
promise. Remember Bush Senior and "read my lips, no new taxes" and
then what does he do, he turns right around and signs a tax increase.

Or is it your contention that the majority in the US wants higher
taxes?
--

They are going to get them. The current Bush has run us in debt for an
unnecessary war to the point where our grandchildren's grandchildren

Whoever gets elected next is going to have to raise taxes, and quite
probably by a considerable amount.

Look for it.

We need to update Godwin's Law to make it say "Bush" instead of
"Hitler". You Bush-haters (I am not a Republican and am not
defending him here) start frothing at the mouth at every
opportunity you get to blame him for something...

You are dead *wrong* about this. Bush did not crank up
the debt primarily because of war. He cranked up the debt to
pay for the mooching retirees who wanted "free" drugs. That
cost far and away exceeds our war debt. Moreover, and to his
credit, he anticipated the economic downturn that was handed to
him by his predecessor and was smart enough to cut taxes to
stimulate private-sector wealth formation ... and thus tax
revenues have increased.

The domestic moochers are bankrupting us, not the Pentagon.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/