Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default please check syntax error (grammar mistakes) for me

The issue is guessing what Chinese (or any) products are worth the
money paid for them (I'm happy with my Sieg X3). Unfortunately, the
"race to the bottom" sometimes makes it quite difficult to find a better
made product when many retailers are pushing the lowest cost item to
make their margins. All manufacturers are equally capable of turning out
some horrendous crap.

My druthers for non-US/Canadian/UK - German/Swiss/Japanese, Czech,
Polish/Taiwan, and lastly, Chinese. Bison tools are my current favorite
for quality and price. A bit more precise than I really need, but this
is America...

I'd prefer all CNC grade equipment for free, but that's not how things
work...

Stupendous Man wrote:
I am the kind of guy who goes 35 miles into town to try to find suitable
parts for projects that i am doing, and am often dismayed to find that all
hardware stores carry exactly the same, poorly made product, usually from
China.