r.galvin

Default Isolation switch wiring convention

Hi

Quick question: whenever I've seen DP isolation switches in consumer units
the supply wires invariably enter the switch from the top, obviously because
the busbar is connected to the bottom. However, I'm just about to add an
isolation switch between the meter and a connection block and was wondering
whether I should maintain this convention, i.e. that the meter tails are
connected to the uppermost contacts of the switch?

I only ask because the meter tails are quite short and it will determine the
position of the isolation switch enclosure.

Many thanks

Ross