Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q (And others?) LED external floodlights

In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:32:04 -0000, "Simon Finnigan"
wrote:

it`s for an additional step
between a torch and 900W of energy wastage

If its anything like the LED "solar floodlight" a neighbour has its
between a small candle and one of those torches you used to be able to
buy which used one battery and had a bulb with a glass blob at the end
to "focus" the light.

It is possible to tell the "floodlight" (more a damp fog than a flood)
is on without having to use night vision goggles, but only if you look
directly at the light.

If you stand outside with your eyes closed for 30 minutes, and have no
other light sources within several miles to ruin your dark adaptation,
then when you open your eyes you can detect white painted dustbins and
similar large objects up to a range of nearly 2metres from the light.

The interior lighting in my old car consists of two 6w bulbs in fittings
mounted on the door pillars. So not enough light to do anything by. No
room for larger bulbs - they melt the lenses. Don't ask how I know.
So I decided to make up some LED replacements. Didn't want that horrible
blue look so got some ones described as warm white. Which turned out to be
an even more horrid shade of green...

--
*You sound reasonable......time to up my medication

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.