Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Water and sewer bills dependent on water supply pipe diameter

yes, it's rediculous. have them change you to a 5/8 meter. done.

"Bud H" wrote in message
. ..
I moved into a new house in northern Indiana and a recent water/sewer bill
was over $100 for only two persons living in the house and not using
excessive amounts of water.

After a check with my neighbors, it appears the city charges WAY more per
cubic foot of water if you have a 1-inch diameter supply pipe coming into
your house (and is where the city metering device is installed) than if a
5/8-inch diameter pipe is supplying the water.

So if two houses both use the same volume of water in a month, if one has
a 1-inch supply pipe it is billed almost twice as much as a house with a
5/8-inch supply pipe.

Is it just me, or does seem completely ridiculous to be billed so
differently for the same volume of water?

Bud H