Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Malcolm Hoar" wrote in message
In article , "SteveB"
wrote:

"Joseph Meehan" wrote

I never said it would. Although since the criminal has to get the
gun
somewhere, that gun often got into the system by being sold legally to
someone. Take more guns out of the system, it should make it harder for
the bad guys to get them too.

I consider there to be a high number of cars that are possessed by people
who should not have them. They are horrible drivers. A threat to my life
every day I drive. I have not had such a threat level from anyone with a
gun. Yet.

The laws regarding people driving who have demonstrated that they
shouldn't
be driving should be strengthened, or the cars restricted, just as you
suggest for guns.

But under Meehan's logic, we'd have to take the cars away from
the good drivers too. Hey, I bet a lot of those bad drivers
obtained their vehicles from good drivers. We need to cut off
the supply lines.

After all, cars are bad, right? They kill people. They pollute
the environment, cause global warming, and deprive the public
transport system of revenue. Positively evil. A much bigger
problem than guns, in fact.

I cannot count the instances where my life was put in danger by someone in a
car. If you drive much, or live in a densely populated area, it happens
more than once a day. I have never had my life put in danger by someone
with a gun. And yet, people like Mr. Meehan want to take away my right to
have a gun, of for guns to even exist. One could easily project a better
point for cars to be banned than guns. Talk about the killing of innocents.
It happens all around us every day with cars, and no one is outraged.

Steve