Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default do you need one gas tank for each 2-cycle engine tool?

just run the 50:1 stihl mix in everything. They'll be fine. Don't go too
rich with the oil. It actually makes the engines run lean and overheat.

"peter" wrote in message
I have a gas leaf blower that requires 40:1 oil:gas mixture. I have a 1
gallon gas tank premixed with this oil gas.

I'm thinking of buying a chainsaw (stihl) which requires 50:1 mixture. Do
I need another gas tank to premix with this ratio, or is it ok to just use
the 40:1 mix? Or perhaps I could put 45:1 mix in both??

BTW, all 2-cycle engine oil claim to be smoke-less. Which is the most
smokeless of all?