Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Fridge compartment doesn't keep cold.

On Dec 11, 8:42 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
And it will work great for a couple weeks. You have a defrost problem. That
is typically one of three parts that often break. With a 30 year old fridge,
it's relatively easy to figure out WHICH part, and then order and install
the replacement part.

Is the refridgerator in question supposed to be a "frost free"
model??? About a year ago I had the same problem with the fridge
compartment not staying cold enough. My fridge is a Sears Kenmore
"frost free" model. It turned out to be a burned out defroster heater
located behind the freezer compartment wall that caused the problem.
The coils were all froze up. If you still have your instructional
booklet that came with the fridge, there should be a schematic diagram
with parts list to show where the heater (probably two of them) are
located. It cost me about $50 to replace mine myself. Not sure if
this will help you or not but hopefully it might. Good luck!
Steve