Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Urine Test

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Dec 12, 9:07 pm, "William Wixon" wrote:

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message

. ..

I'd like to see some drill sergeants drop in on the housing projects.
Have everyone fall out in ranks and count off. Every fifth welfare
momma is a baby sitter. Everyone else go get a job!!

'course, we'd have to do this in the mid-afternoon after they are all
awake.

--Andy Asberry--

the other day i thought the reason we don't have the social programs they
have in scandinavian countries is because they're more or less homogeneous
societies over there (and they pay whopping taxes but apparently it's ok
with the majority of citizens), here there'd be too many people begrudging
giving benefits to others they don't like (i.e. "racism"). like cutting off
your nose to spite your face. white families can't get day care etc.
because too many people would begrudge giving it to black families. THAT'S
a terrible legacy of slavery. (my father blew his brains out in '65 and my
mother tells me when she went to apply they laughed at her and told her to
go get a job, she did get a job but it was rough for us.) u.s. citizens
can't enjoy the same standard of living other countries enjoy.
back to the o.p.'s point, that doesn't seem like a bad idea, drug testing
for bene's. that way if there was a drug problem maybe they could start to
remedy it and maybe it would be a strong incentive to get off the drojas.

b.w.

First let me say that I don't like the current situation either.

But it surprises me that the same people (usually conservatives) who
don't want the Government messing with their lives are more than
willing to have drug testing for others.

Their tune changes when the testing applies to them (alcohol,
nicotine, drugs, medical screening).

TMT

Not always. I'm a conservative and I have no problem with ****ing in a
bottle. Well, that is I don't have a problem with the concept of the
test but I may have trouble ****ing in a bottle. But that's a medical
thing.

Jim