Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q (And others?) LED external floodlights

In article ,
John wrote:

"Simon Finnigan" wrote in message
Hi everyone, I`m looking at more external lighting for the house. We
currently have 3 x 300W floodlights for parties, but it`s all or
nothing, and it`s a lot of power to burn just for checking something
out in the back garden. I was in B&Q the other day and spotted some
PIR floodlights that use LED`s. They also had a solar charging unit
for this. I quite like the idea of being able to just put it on the
wall and leave it turned on, so I get some light at night but not the
scary amounts I get from the current 900W of lights :-)

Has anyone used them, or seem them working in the real world? And if
so, opinions please!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Not the same thing but I got an LED spotlight to light up a gargoyle in
our back garden and it was crap. These things have a long, long way to
go yet to being an acceptable source of light. Took it back to B&Q and
swapped it for a "traditional" spotlight - excellent.

Yes. The spectral response of 'white' LEDs make CFLs look positively
perfect.

--
*Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.