Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q (And others?) LED external floodlights

Simon Finnigan wrote:
Hi everyone,
I`m looking at more external lighting for the house. We currently
have 3 x 300W floodlights for parties, but it`s all or nothing, and
it`s a lot of power to burn just for checking something out in the
back garden. I was in B&Q the other day and spotted some PIR
floodlights that use LED`s. They also had a solar charging unit for
this. I quite like the idea of being able to just put it on the wall
and leave it turned on, so I get some light at night but not the
scary amounts I get from the current 900W of lights :-)
Has anyone used them, or seem them working in the real world? And if
so, opinions please!

I'd like to know as well. They seem ideal - if they work.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk