Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:44:11 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

My town (Houston), is in the news because a couple of weeks ago a
chap named Joe Horn wasted two goblins as they were burglarizing his
neighbor's house.

I never got the follow-up news, iirc he was on a 911 call - stating he
was going too shoot the burglars next door. The shot gun blast (TWO?)
was heard on the 911 tape released to the media.

These were not goblins. Check their history of predatory nature. These
were serious crooks/thugs on the street.

What I missed; is not knowing if Joe Horn has been cleared. My take
the law would be on his side.

Do a Google on Texas Penal Code 9.42 [Deadly Force to Protect Property] for
the straight skinney.

Even if the law's not exactly, 100%, on his side, the DA has to consider
what a "jury of his peers" might do. While the District Attorney involved is
not exactly gun-friendly, he's no doubt aware that Horn can invoke the Texas
"But yer honer, they needed killin' " defense (usually followed by "Oh, well
then, case dismissed').