Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

Harry K wrote in
:

On Dec 12, 6:17 pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Joseph Meehan wrote:

One further note, it is not sufficient to discount a finding by
questioning the qualifications of its proponents. This reverse
"appeal to authority" is similar to "if you can't fault the
message, condem the messenger."

I agree. I have not discounted the findings, I have clearly
stated I
have not ever reviewed them However I did point out that the
normal and usual expected expertise of an Economist does not
include crime studies. That certainly does not make him wrong, but
it does eliminate any special authoritative weight

If there is a flaw in Lott's methodology or conclusion, state it;
if someone using the same data can reach a differing conclusion,
we'd all like to see it. Whether Lott is a criminologist, lawyer,
or rodeo clown is irrelevant.

As stated I have not reviewed it. I did not car to download
the detail
and without the detail it is nothing more than the opinion of
someone without any apparent authority on the subject.

IOW,you're just blowing wind.
Your mind is made up,and no facts will change it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

What's worse is he has made his mind up on a very important item with
no attempt to study it then ignores any information provided.

"Guns are bad...I just know that"

Brilliant!

Harry K

Meehan overlooks the fact that guns in civilian hands are used far more for
GOOD than evil,in the US.
Note that the media rarely reports on the good DGUs,in fact makes effort to
NOT report them(by omission). There are many more that go unreported.

Meehan can go to the NRA website,and read The Armed Citizen column,where
they have 10-12 reports every month gleaned from newspapers all around the
US telling of legit DGUs by civilians.And they provide the paper's name and
date the article ran.

(DGU= defensive gun use)

--
Jim Yanik