Posted to alt.home.repair
Chip C Chip C is offline

Default will electrical inspectors looking at recent work scrutinize oldwork and require changes?

On Dec 13, 8:27 am, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:22:36 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback. I would welcome any information from the
inspector about things that could/should be changed, especially
anything that might be dangerous. I don't think I have any of the
latter, but if I did I'd want to know about it. I just didn't want
some bad (but not dangerous) practices by previous homeowners to
derail me from my current project.

You will probably be dissapointed that you think he didn't look hard
enough at your project. These guys are usually worked too hard to
spend too much time there. They usually have a few things they look at
and they move on.

Yeah, this happened to me on that kitchen I mentioned. I was all
prepped to show off my splices, answer code questions, trace the
circuits, like a kid at a 4-H show. The inspector stuck his head into
the kitchen for like three seconds, never set foot through the door,
and said "looks fine. let's see the panel".

I think thre's a few glaring errors they look for and they can spoth
them pretty fast. Of course,just having the work inspected sets you
into an elite minority.

Chip C
Toronto