Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

Default Washing machine water pumped to septic tank

Isn't water and laundry detergent from your washing machine supposed
to be pumped to your septic tank (if you have one)? I recently
discovered that my father has been pumping the water to the outside
ground. I would think that would be bad for the environment since it
has all that laundry detergent and bleach in it. I would also think
that would be bad considering he has well water. Any thoughts?

I'm sure the water used to be pumped to the septic tank. I think he
changed things when that pump broke.