Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:44:11 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

My town (Houston), is in the news because a couple of weeks ago a chap
named
Joe Horn wasted two goblins as they were burglarizing his neighbor's
house.

I never got the follow-up news, iirc he was on a 911 call - stating he
was going too shoot the burglars next door. The shot gun blast (TWO?)
was heard on the 911 tape released to the media.

These were not goblins. Check their history of predatory nature. These
were serious crooks/thugs on the street.

What I missed; is not knowing if Joe Horn has been cleared. My take
the law would be on his side.

In Henderson, Nevada, my neighbor saw two men breaking into my house. He
told his wife to call 911, and he came over the wall with a shotgun. One of
the men stopped, the other ran away, getting a haircut and a shave before
police picked him up at his home. The truck was registered to him. He
ended up getting off, since he didn't match the description of the burglar.

During the arrest of the one who stayed, the police had to discuss whether
or not to arrest my neighbor, since he was not on his property. One
policeman emptied the pump shotgun on the ground and said they could not
arrest him because the weapon was not loaded. He then told my neighbor that
next time they would, since he really was acting in good faith, but did not
know the law about using force to protect your NEIGHBOR'S property.

The one fellow went to prison, the other got off. But I'm sure he got
caught for something else later.

Not sure how it would have gone if he would have shot one of them.

Personal rights and all that other chicken****.

Steve