Posted to sci.electronics.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default Hard drive gets no power

James Sweet wrote:
I'm well aware of the current state of SSD technology. The drive you linked
to is a tiny 32GB capacity and the price is astronimical at over $500.
That's enough money to purchase several terabytes of magnetic disc space,
while a 40GB hard drive can be had for under $50, I don't think anyone even
manfactures anything less than 80GB anymore even in laptop drives.

My first hard drive was $30,000.00 per gigabyte. (Specifically, it was
$600 for 20 megabytes. Dreaming of a gigabyte was a cerebral exercise.)

--
Dec. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Government officials and activists flying to Bali,
Indonesia, for the United Nations meeting on climate change will cause