Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On Dec 12, 3:24 pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:44:11 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:
My town (Houston), is in the news because a couple of weeks ago a chap named
Joe Horn wasted two goblins as they were burglarizing his neighbor's house.

I never got the follow-up news, iirc he was on a 911 call - stating he
was going too shoot the burglars next door. The shot gun blast (TWO?)
was heard on the 911 tape released to the media.

These were not goblins. Check their history of predatory nature. These
were serious crooks/thugs on the street.

What I missed; is not knowing if Joe Horn has been cleared. My take
the law would be on his side.

As of yesterday the decision on whether to charge him was still up in
the air. Bill O'reilly had his lawyer on the "no spin zone" and
lawyer said it hadn't been made yet.

For those who don't know, Texas is the only state (that I know of)
where use of deadly force to protect one's property is legal. The law
apparently, per the talkiing heads, even specifically states that it
can be used to protect your neighbor's property. There are some other
states beginning to show some improvement. Florida (I think it was)
just recently changed their "need to retreat first" law to eliminate
that part of the law.

The big argument going on charge/no charge appears to be "Did Horn
feel threatened" which per Texas law, shouldn't even be required.

Harry K