Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Chain saw chain sharpening

On Dec 12, 6:50 pm, beecrofter wrote:
You will appreciate a few minutes to rest and allow the saw to cool
before topping off the fuel and bar oil while you file.

These enforced breaks may keep you from getting tired and careless
too.

Keep the damn thing out of the dirt it's not a skinny rototiller!

The simple way to lift logs:
http://www2.northerntool.com/product/7279.htm
You can also use it to turn a tree that fell against another one and
maybe roll it free.

It doesn't lift them very high and my back won't take bending over for
too long, so I bring a folding tripod made of chain link fence posts
and a lever-type chain lift to raise the logs to waist level and lower
them onto sawbucks.

It's sooo much easier to trim off all the branches, find and remove
nails, and saw the log to length using a clip-on guide when it's up at
a convenient height.

Jim Wilkins