Posted to alt.home.repair

Default will electrical inspectors looking at recent work scrutinize old work and require changes?

wrote in message
I know this may vary from place to place but wondered what general
thoughts were.

Well, there's your answer.

In many cases, the inspector is bound by inspection of the permitted section
only. A good inspector would at least point out the problems and ask that
they be brought up to code. If it was my, I'd get the permit, call the
inspector and when he arrives, let him know that other changes need to be
done and he may help you by showing you the best way to meet the code. Or
he may just be a prick.