Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Need Info on interior door code

My 1970 copy (obsolete, I know) of "Canadian Wood-Frame House Construction"
put out by CMHC, shows that non-load bearing interior walls only require one
piece of 2" framing lumber over a door opening.

"car crash" wrote in message
I am framing for an interior door in my basement. Someone was telling
me that Ontario code says there has to be 2 top plates when
framing ? I asked around and others didn't seem to think so. It's
not a load bearing door at all. Does anyone know for certain if an
interior door in a basement has to have 2 top plates ? I only put one.