Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Tools you didn't know you needed

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:45:45 -0500, clare at snyder.on.ca
wrote:

Drop ceilings were MADE for remote control trucks!!!
I have an old BAHA buggy with the body taken off that I run in
reverse across suspendend ceilings tied to a fish line.. If it gets
stuck I jerk it back a bit and take another run at it. When it drops
through the hole at the other end I tie my network cable to it and
real in the fishline. For heavier cables I pull a pull rope through
with the fishline, then use that to pull the heavy cable.

I was hoping it would give me the excuse to buy a real good 4X4 with
proportional control, but the old garage sale find has done the job
well enough that I've been satisfied not spending the extra.

Thanks Clare for the confirmation. I always though it would
work great, but the "proof is in the pudding", or so they
say. Sometimes you run into unforeseen problems with great
ideas

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b