Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Solar Heating?

In message , Huge
writes
On 2007-12-12, Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-12-12 08:30:32 +0000, Huge said:

Oh, you poor thing. I flew back from Delhi on Saturday (Jet Airlines
Business
Premium - fabulous.) They ran out of proper newspapers before they
got to me,
but even I couldn't bring myself to read the Guardian. It makes me want to
vomit. Or punch people. Or something.

You would have at least expected the Delhi Telegraph........

Boo! Hiss!!!! You swine!

- Shell and BP quietly selling off their alternative energy assets
because they can't be made to pay in less than geological time.

That one I didn't know... Bit short-sighted, though.

They aren't exactly advertising it for obvious reasons. The rest of
the article talked about projects with tar sands.

I'd have expected them to be getting into wind power in a big way, though.
There's all that Government subsidy to be hoovered up.

Shell had a (photo-voltaic) solar panel factory in Aylesbury 25 years
ago - mainly for oil rigs and installations, it's been gone a while now

--
geoff