Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike P Mike P is offline

Default Electrical wiring .. (dare I ask )

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:26:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

... In article ,
... Mike P mike@askme wrote:
... The circuit cable is larger. It has 3 coiled earth wires for a start.
... I spurred off with a 30amp junction box using 2.5mm.
... Why should the cable all be the same size?
... It sounds like you've got old cable called 7/0.29.
snipped

What you describe, is what I have and it is pvc covered.
I have no concern about the cooker feed as it has its own direct
supply.
To all who feel concerned this is as far as I go with electrics.
Though I did move the central heating thermostat to another room.

This saga all arose because wifey got me a junction box from the HB
shed, as I did not have the time to go to the local trade leccy.
For some inexplicable reason I was reading the instructions that came
with it, as I swigged a cup of coffee.
It stated that the spur cable should be the same size as the circuit
cable .. which made my 6m of 2.5 somewhat redundant !
Hence the questions.

Mike P