Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Electrical wiring .. (dare I ask )

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:17:53 +0000 someone who may be Mike P
mike@askme wrote this:-

The circuit cable is larger. It has 3 coiled earth wires for a start.
I spurred off with a 30amp junction box using 2.5mm.

Personally I would have found out why the cable is larger than
expected and how much larger it is.

There are a number of possibilities, a radial socket circuit and
someone "borrowing" a circuit that once fed a cooker or shower are
the more likely possibilities.

Electric wiring in houses is not always as easy as it appears. An
expert is someone who knows how little they know about something.
Over-confidence is best avoided with something that can kill,
whether by direct means or indirect means like fire.

No matter the bluster about terminology, I agree with Stuart, "Are
you sure you should be adding a spur when you are asking such a
question?"

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh