Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dick Snyder Dick Snyder is offline

Default Glue up hell

"RonB" wrote in message
"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
Attached is a picture of the huge glue up I had to do on a toy box. 3 or
4
biscuits in all 6 pieces. I used white glue and there was good news and
bad
news. The good news is that it set up slowly so I could work with it a
long
time (I probably spent 20-25 minutes getting everything all glued and set
up
and clamped). The bad news is that is it quite runny so it ran quickly
down
my pre-stained surfaces. ( I prestained everything so that glue that I
missed wouldn't prevent uneven absorbtion of the stain). I wiped it off
but
as you may be able to see from the picture, there is still residual glue
on
there. I guess I will have to sand with 220 or 320 and possibly put on
more
stain. I don't know yet. I will not use white glue again. It is a good
thing
my wife was gone because I was using a few 4 letter words as only a
woodworker can imagine!

Dick - I feel your pain. When I glue up the rockers for a rocking horse I
use most of the clamping devices in the shop. Each rocker has 5 parts and
there is good potential for voids if not aligned well. This ends up being
one of those pucker momements. Luckily for me, I get to band-saw most of
the edges away so I don't end up with the run-out problems you have to
control.

Good looking project. Child, grandchild or friend?

RonB

Thanks Ron. This is for my grandson.