Karl Townsend

Default deep hole question

I am drilling 13/64 holes 2 inches deep in 6061. The bottom of the hole
wanders as as much as 0.020-0.030 off center. What is the best

straightness
I can hope for on a hole that size, that deep?

Any drill sharpening, etc, hints?

I didn't know it was possible to wander that much, you can do WAY better.

1. Clamp your part down so it won't move.

2. Spot drill or center drill first. This gives you a starting spot that
won't wander.

3. Make sure your drill is properly sharpened. A fellow named Teenut
Robert Bastow wrote the best ever drill sharpening post on this NG if you
don't know how. I've reposted it at least twice under the author "Teenut in
Heaven". Look it up at google.com

Karl