Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default ok, what is this wrench really?

ooohhhhh - that's it
there is a sheet metal piece that goes on the other side (visible barely on
the bottom in the picture) that apparently goes into the recess in the
handle and holds the die in place

thanks - and thanks to the guys who posted the patent - I guess it's just a
generic wrench with a unique design - kinda cool, think I'll keep it for a
while (though if someone offered me half of that $115 price, my temptation
to keep it would instantly evaporate).

now on to the next mystery

"Bob's my cat" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 9:53 pm, "William Noble" wrote:
"William Noble" wrote in message

.. .

I got an adjustable wrench at a club's auction yesterday, looks like
this
one

How about #14 he http://jonzimmersantiquetools.com/tools/wrenlist.htm
the picture only shows one side so I can't tell what is in the small
hole, but I suspect a screw securing the die, via some sort of strap
or clamp.
I would imagine the dies are rethreading dies? I guess that doesn't
answer what the wrench was made for, but it does help explain the holes