Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:41:54 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"SteveB" quickly quoth:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 04:14:22 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:02:02 -0800 (PST), rigger

Regards,

Have you been paying *no* attention to the news? Or do you really
believe that
places like Columbine CO, Pearl MS, or Grundy VA are included in
"the
dangerous parts of our most dangerous cities"??

And the fact that when citizens DO help control the
situation, while armed, this almost never gets re-
ported by the media. And also ignored are the
thousand of times each year (acknowledged by the
Dept. of Justice and FBI) guns are used to thwart a
violent crime.

Ive not been following the news lately, but after reading a report on
the Lady "Security Guard" who shot the badguy at the church...

It should be noted..she was NO "security guard", but a lady parisoner
who volunteered to act as security as she had a CCW permit (along with
some 20 other parisoners.

And she.. a simple armed citizen with a CCW..shot the bad guy before
he could kill far more.

She was/is a former Minneapolis police officer. She was fired for
"untruthfulness", denying that she had been verbally abusive with a
perp (zounds!) when they had tape proving otherwise.

The article didn't say what happened to the perp.

The spin the media is putting on the "Security Guard" business would
lead people to believe she was in uniform, in the employ of a security
firm. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Right. She was acting as a private citizen.

The Medias spin is pecular and apparent.

They are doing everything possible to avoid saying an armed citizen
ended the onslaught.

But how can this be? It has been stated here that there is a
causation/correlation argument the whole thing. And everyone knows that
it is just a bunch of paranoid CCW holders that are spreading these vicious
rumors. And that it is a proven fact that armed citizens NEVER have stopped
a crime in progress. I know this to be true because I have read it on the
Internet and in this newsgroup.

BSEG

BTW, did you read about the Viet Nam vet who couldn't get the handgun away
from the male "security guard" even though said coward wouldn't fire at the
perp?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22198709/

They said he was yelling, "COWARD!" at the gunman, but I think he was
talking to the armed male "security guard" who wouldn't fire and wouldn't
give the pistol to a trained ex-military person.

Y'know, the outstanding upside to all this is that the religious
freaks are now starting to off themselves, and others of their ilk,
just like the gang bangers have for years.

Think of it as evolution in action. wink

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.