Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:21:22 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

Read it cover to cover Sunday while laid up.

WIA? Spill, mon.

Walking pneumonia.

Again? Bummer. Didn't you have that same malady last year, before
the heart attack?

I sorta kinda collapsed Friday night. Managed to
make it to home..slept nearly 12 hours, hit a urgent care clinic..got
a diagnosis and a couple shots of antibiotics in the ass and a
dressing down for letting myself get so worn out..

There goes half your profit from this job.

Seems Im a bit old to be doing a months worth of 18-36 hour stints of
hard work in cold buildings, fueled by fast food and Monster energy
drink. Partiularly during "cold season".

You fuel! Fast food has no nutrition and energy drinks are a quick
way to skew your entire metabolism. Sugar water, sometimes caffeine,
and a few assorted totally-unbalanced vitamins won't support life.
Next time, find a health food cafe and get stuff to go.

I still worked two guys in their primes, asses off and outlasted them,
so Im not too broken down yet...chuckle.

Until you were nearly hospitalized. Cool move, Bozo.

I tend to be "mission oriented"..damn the torpedos and full speed
ahead and all that.

Ditto here. I've worked my ass off on a fencing job the past two days
and will take tomorrow off to just lay some more rocks in a fieldstone
pathway.

Im feeling better. Yesterday I took it easy, ate well, got lots of
sleep last night, feel almost decent this morning. Munching on yogurt
and oatmeal as I type this.

Eat better and snack in between with -good- foods, guajalote. Your
body will thank you by not dropping dead on you.

I didnt let it get in the way of the job, and they still got their
monies worth yesterday,

A big fat check at the end of the month, sent to your funeral, won't
be nearly as much fun.

Fascinating book. Well
documented and foot noted.

I thought so, too. It's a book which kicked my perceptions up a notch
and made me look around a bit more at the crap the environmental
terrorists are pulling.

Indeed,

Now go take your beauty rest, eh?

Be well.

--
My future starts when I wake up every morning...
Every day I find something creative to do with my life.