Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Getting the Ducts Cleaned

"Lexis" wrote in message
Is it beneficial to get the air ducts in your house cleaned? Seems
the heat isn't distributing through our house all that great. could
it need a duct cleaning or would this be something else?

I think it is VERY beneficial to the company that does it. Their kids need
college and braces, too.

I'd do it, or get a grunt to go into the attic and other spaces with the
air running, and make sure all the seams and connections are tight. Take a
roll of the GOOD foil tape. Take a screwgun and a handful of pointy one
inch screws with the 1/4" head. I'll bet you will be surprised to find how
many downright leaks you have. And places that weren't put together all too
good in the first place.

The ducts would have to be pretty closed up to the point of restricting air
flow, and if that was the case, you would already see dust or crud three
inches deep on all your furniture, carpet, etc.

Steve