Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Tools you didn't know you needed

On Dec 11, 1:33 pm, Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:24:07 -0800, Larry Jaques

wrote:

I take it as being there is at least one overpriced distribution
channel to get it. Such as retail superstores. If home depot sells it
they dont want people knowing fastenal sells it for 25% less to their
SMALL customers and 35% less to their large ones.

Are you saying that Fastenal is cheaper than Homey's Despot?!?

I cant speak for Fastenal..but Im finding that Ferguson (plumbing
supplier) virtually any fastner store and most electrical supply
houses are cheaper than Home Depot. Both in small and large
quantities.

Significantly cheaper.

Gunner

Same thing I used North American wide examples. But I prefer going to
Ottawa Fastener Supply, or Preston Hardware. Same logic of course
holds. Their clientele STARTS with the heavy duty handyman and goes up
into trades and businesses from there.

But it made more sense considering its an international group to quote
the national chains in each dept