Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Online guide to which electrical goods to buy?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

My parents have subscribed for decades, and I sometimes read
a copy when I visit. Whenever they review something I actually
know about, I find the reviews badly flawed, which makes me
very suspicious of all their reviews. The other parts of the
magazine are interesting, but as the reviews are the main
part, that doesn't leave a lot.

I've found the same thing. When I've read a review on a subject I know
well, and find major, misleading errors, I find it difficult to trust
them in areas I know little of. They weren't always this bad, though.
Years ago, I found them quite useful.
What really bothers me, is the times I've emailed them with corrections
on mis-statements (complete with references), and months later, the
'information' in question is still there, uncorrected.