Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Silver Surfer[_2_] Silver Surfer[_2_] is offline

Default Fluorescent shop light woes

Within the past few months I installed a new fluorescent shop light fixture
in the basement. Came from Lowe's if memory serves. This thing has been
killing bulbs ever since. Three replacements already. I've never had this
experience with a shop light in the past. Of course the fixture is made in
China. Do you think the design of the fixture is to blame or is it just a
manufacturing defect. On the other hand the bulbs could be defective, but
the ones I'm using aren't cheapos. They are made by GE, but who knows in
what country.

I'm ready to pitch the fixture and replace it with one made in America if
such a thing is still available. What do you think?